Effective as of January, 30, 2023.
Our websites, products and services are designed for businesses and their representatives. We do not offer products or services for use by individuals for their personal, family or household purposes. Accordingly, we treat all personal information we collect as pertaining to individuals in their capacities as business representatives and not their individual capacities.
Table of Contents
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email, phone number, and office address.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Professional or employment-related data, such as job title, employer, previous employers and positions, professional qualifications and memberships, certifications, and education history.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing preference data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing and other communications.
Third party sources.We obtain personal information from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide professional and other information.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic data collection We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services. This information may include:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), browser type, screen resolution, language settings, IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and duration of access.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Services;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Services, respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect.
We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Rev-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Retention. We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested; to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements; to establish or defend legal claims; or for fraud prevention). Whether the retention period is sufficient to fulfill such purposes is the primary criteria for determining the duration of the retention period. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How we share your personal information
Business customers.. We may share your personal information with our business customers for their own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, this sharing may constitute a “sale” of your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt-out of this sharing as described in the Opt-out of sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes section below.
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business, such as hosting, information technology, customer service, email delivery and website analytics.
Advertising partners. Third party advertising partners that collect information about your activity on the Services and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads on their platforms to those customers and similar users.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquiring and other relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Rev or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account. You can also request changes to certain of your account information by contacting us at https://getrev.ai/privacy-request/.
Opt-out of marketing or promotional communications. You may opt out of marketing and promotional emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us a https://getrev.ai/privacy-request/. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Opt-out of sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes. To opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, please contact us at https://getrev.ai/privacy-request/..
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access all features of the Services or they may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals except where we expressly indicate otherwise. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect certain personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other sites and services
The Services may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Residents of the United Kingdom and European Economic Area should read the important information provided below about transfer of personal information outside of the United Kingdom or European Economic Area.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us
Mail: Rev, 2150 Comstock Street #712979, San Diego, CA 92171, Attention: Privacy
Notice to residents of the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
Scope. This section applies only to individuals in the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA).
Processing purpose (click link for details)
Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How we use your personal information”.
Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Services.
Where we cannot process your personal data as required to operate the Services on the grounds of contractual necessity, we process your personal information for this purpose based on our legitimate interest in providing you with the Services you access and request.
Processing is based on your consent where that consent is required by applicable law.
Where such consent is not required by applicable law, we process your personal information for these purposes based on our legitimate interests in promoting our business.
These activities constitute our legitimate interests.
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Actions we take with your consent
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Services.
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services, or otherwise to us. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal information, you must not submit such sensitive personal information through our Services.
EEA and UK data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the EEA or UK, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by contacting us at https://getrev.ai/privacy-
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information from the UK or EEA to a country such that we are required to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under UK or EEA data protection laws, we will do so. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
Notice to residents of California
Scope. This section describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
In some cases, we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of residents of California, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply with respect to the activities it describes instead of this section.
Your California privacy rights. You have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information/know. You can request information for the past 12 months about:
- the categories of personal information that we have collected; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, sharing and/or selling personal information;
- categories of any personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose. and;
- the categories of any third parties with whom personal information was sold, shared or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you.
- Correction. You can request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected about you.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal information. Please note that once we process a deletion request, we may be unable to provide access or support to any past products or services.
- Opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes. Like many companies, we use services that help to deliver targeted ads (also known as interest-based ads) to you as described above. The CCPA classifies our use of some of these services as “sharing” your personal information with the advertising partners that provide the services, from which you have the right to opt-out.
- Opt-out of sales. We may share personal information that we collect from commercially and publicly available sources with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. In certain cases, the CCPA may consider this a “sale” of your personal information, from which you have the right to opt-out.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by applicable privacy laws.
How to Exercise Your Rights.
- Information/know, access, correction, deletion, and opt-out of sales. You may submit requests to exercise these rights at https://getrev.ai/privacy-request/ or by mailing us at 2150 Comstock Street #712979, San Diego, CA 92171. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it. You can ask to appeal any denial of your request in the same manner through which you may submit a request.
- Opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes. You can submit requests to opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes through our cookie preference manager. Your request to opt-out will apply only to the browser and the device from which you submit the request. You can also broadcast the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to opt-out for each participating browser system that you use. Learn more at https://globalprivacycontrol.org/.
Verification of Identity. We may need to verify your identity in order to process your information/know, access, correction, deletion, or opt-out of sales requests, and reserve the right to confirm your residency. To verify your identity, we may require you to authenticate into your Services account, provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously, confirm your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request, provide government identification, provide a declaration under penalty of perjury, or provide other information, where permitted by law.
Authorized Agents. Your authorized agent may be able to make a request on your behalf. However, we may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity and authority to act on your behalf. We may require a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to applicable law. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, we may ask you to take additional steps permitted by law to verify that your request is authorized, such as by providing your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, the information we request to verify your identity, and confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
- Sensitive personal information. We do not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes that California residents have a right to limit under the CCPA.
|Personal Information (“PI”) we collect||CCPA statutory category||Categories of third parties to whom we disclose PI for a business purpose||Categories of third parties to whom we share or sell PI|
||Advertising partners (to facilitate online advertising)|
||Advertising partners (to facilitate online advertising)|
For information about the categories of sources of this information, see the section above entitled Personal information we collect.
For information about the purposes for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information, see the section above entitled How we use your personal information.